Monday, November 15, 2010

Procrastination Payoff

I distinctly remember telling the kids last year that if they wanted to do reflections again they had to start early. That didn’t happen. The night before the projects were due, Emily decided that she REALLY wanted to do one (really she wanted to do three, but I convinced her that one was plenty). We had 20 minutes of daylight between taking the scouts home and getting Abby ready for dance, so we all went out in the back yard and raked leaves while Emily snapped some pictures. She picked her favorites, made a collage, and sent it down to Walgreens one-hour photo. It was as low-effort as they come. I laughed out loud when I found out she had won. I’m a little worried that reinforcement like this will make her think it is okay to put things off until the last minute. I guess I shouldn’t worry. Procrastinating has always worked for me. I call it working well under pressure. :)



Trophies are big news at our house. Ben and Elise are suddenly very enthusiastic about doing projects next year. We’re going to start early. No, really.

2 comments:

Kaylynn said...

Didn't I say photography is the way to go for Reflections? Good work, Emily.

Heidi said...

Maybe that's why I'm such a procrastinator, it paid off one to many times in my life.
Great job Emily!